Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Longest Eight Years of My Life......Just Kidding!

I take much pleasure in torturing my husband. That’s right; I like to pick on him. I love to tickle him so he giggles like a girl. I like to sucker punch him when he’s not expecting it, and occasionally give him a charley horse in his leg and laugh as he nearly buckles. Oh, don’t worry, he gets his fair share of tickling in and he knows how to give a charley just as well as me. What I love most is that he and I can play like kids and don’t take ourselves too seriously (most of the time). It’s been like this for a long time now.

We just celebrated our 8th anniversary. Its crazy how time flies and before you know it you’re looking at almost a decade together. Before you know it, holidays sneak up so fast you don’t know what to get that will do the other person justice. You know what he got for his gift this year? A survival knife. Not some cheesy Rambo number. No, he got a SOG Seal Pup Elite with TiNi coating. Ever heard of Bear Grylls? He’s featured on “Man vs. Wild”. Bear uses a knife similar to Mikes in his expeditions. I know that it sounds weird to get a knife from your wife for your anniversary, but he was totally excited and was going on and on about how much he loved it. He was doing the whole looking at it from every angle, shaving his arm hair and feeling of the blade with his thumb thing. I’m so glad I know him well enough to get him just what he wanted.

We stayed overnight in Fredericksburg, TX as part of the anniversary experience this year also. It was short but fun. I’m hoping to go again for a longer length of time so we can visit some museums we missed this go-round. The main allure of the town is shopping for antiques and boutique style items along the historic main street. Mike knew I had been longing to do that for a couple of years- so he made it happen. It meant a lot considering Mike HATES to go shopping. He took it like a man, though. He planned ahead and wore comfortable clothes and brought along his Ipod to listen to as I browsed all the shops. In the end we had a great time.

There are so many things I love about Mike and want him to know, but for the sake of time and space, I’ll list my top 5:

(in no particular order)

1. Mike is the hardest working man (tied with my dad) that I know. He finds providing for his family very important.
2. I feel safe with Mike. Guns and other misc. weapons aside, I know Mike will defend and protect me and our children if the need ever arises. No pansies here.
3. He is the biggest cheerleader husband a girl could ask for. He thinks everything I do is important and turns out awesome- even if it isn’t that great in reality.
4. Honesty. Good, Bad or Ugly- Mike will tell you the truth if you ask for it.
5. He’s fun. The best times are when we’re being silly and playing around like kids. It’s great to be married to your best friend.

Happy Anniversary, Mike. I Love You Big.

7 comments:

Sheyenne said...

Congrats on 8 years Sara. But I've got 12. I win. ;)

Also, I like your little list of things. One of the things that I love about Dario is that I always feel safe with him as well. That is right up there on important things for me.

Dream Images Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dream Images Photography said...

I love this blog! I love love and it makes me happy that you and Mike are so happy. Take care. :-)

meleah said...

Yeah Happy Anniversary!! It looks like you really enjoyed yourself in Fredricksburg. I have always wanted to go back there.
BTW-I am so excited that we are still in the same ward!!!!!
We still need to have you over for dinner!!!

Tammy said...

I feel safe knowing Mike because of his weapons also. HAHAHAHA. That was really awesome of you to write such nice things. Mike is amazing. You both are perfect for each other.

chelon:) said...

happy anniversary!! you are both such great people! we are luck yto have you as friends :)

Kimberly said...

Whahoo! Congrats. 8 years means you are on your way to 28! What a great post!