Friday, December 26, 2008

Cutting Wood


The kids and I drove to my parent's house in southwest New Mexico to spend Christmas with family. When we come here, it's always a reminder of how cushy our life in the city is.



My dad, brother Justin, Cam and I got to take a little drive up to one of my dad's horse pastures to cut some firewood. There was a big fire there a year and a half ago, so the dead trees needed cleared out. We were only working up there for a few hours, but were able to cut a good ammount of wood to last them at least through this winter. We will probably go back and cut some more before we leave if the weather permits. It was snowing when we were up there this time.




I love to come and do things like this with my family! I especially think it's good for Cam to experience hard work. It's one of those things you can only learn by doing. For the most part, Cam stayed in the truck where it was nice and cozy while my dad and Justin cut and I stacked the wood. He did get out to help load the trailer a couple of times, though. Here he is posing with my dad's chainsaw. (for the record, we did not let him opperate it!)

4 comments:

Liz said...

Was that snow on the ground? Is that pretty common for Xmas? Hope ya'll had a good time!

stampinashley said...

Hhm, I used to hate cutting and stacking wood as a kid, but now that it's just a memory, I actually kind of miss it. It's the whole feeling of accomplishment of doing something worthwhile, and finishing something too.
And I miss the snow!

Jeannie said...

That's awesome Sara, If you ever miss it, come on over. I have tons of trees that you can practice on.

chelon:) said...

You go girl!!! Looks like fun....aren't you glad to be home!! (in the warmth?) Missed you! Can't wait to hang....xoxo