Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Son's Honesty

Alright people here goes. I know everyone sets New Year's resolutions each year. I know that most of them are self-improvement goals. I also know that a large population of people place weightloss, working out, or general health at the top of their list.

It has come to my attention that I too, must put some effort into losing some weight this year. The final clue or straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak was a funny conversation that I had with Cam tonight.

Let me set the scene for you. I'm slouched on the couch watching TV. Cam walks up and places his hand on my not-so-flat stomach and we have the following conversation:

CAM: Mommy, are we going to have a baby?
ME: What?
CAM: Are you going to have a baby?
ME: No, why did you ask?
CAM: Because your tummy keeps getting fatter.
ME: No, It's not a baby. It's just chubby.
CAM: Are you sure?
ME: Yes, I'm sure.
CAM: Maybe you should go to the Dr. and check.

Now, in addition to talking to me, he is rubbing and squishing his hand in my abdomen to make sure there's nothing in there of interest.

CAM: I think I feel the lump.
ME: No you don't. Quit squishing my fat.

So, I guess I better do something about this. I have been thinking about going back to the gym or Weight Watchers. I'm not sure yet. At any rate, it's pretty evident that I need to do something! I just think it's hillarious that Cam noticed.

6 comments:

chelon:) said...

giggling, hysterically! i love kids :) absolutely love them!

Bart said...

THAT was funny, Sara.

Melinda said...

AAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHHA!!!!!

azufelt said...

Yeah, it's only cute because you're cute kid said it! Brooklyne has done the same thing to me, and I told her that I was workign on it!!

I think you should try to squeeze in some gym time for you... I really enjoy my time at the gym nowadays! (because I get to dump my kids off and have a 2 hour break, that is actually filled with something slightly productive for jsut MYSELF! hard to come by when you're a mom!)

Holly and Brad said...

Thank you so much for posting this Sara. I love Cam and all of the hilarious things he says. Keep posting these things, b/c I always butcher em when I try to tell Brad what he said...I never get it right. This is perfect. I'm going to show him when he gets home from work...and we will both laugh again. Not at you, but with you. You're beautiful--Cam's silly.

Bonnie said...

That honestly made me laugh out loud! I miss you guys!