Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bad Idea

So today after picking up the kids at daycare, I had to make a deposit at the bank. Cam sits on the same side of the truck as me and often rolls his window down for a better view when we're at a drive-thru of any kind. Well, the nice teller at Wells Fargo decided this cute little boy needed a lollipop. I didn't realize she sent one out until after Cam had seen it in the tube. Thinking quickly, I removed the sucker from the tube and placed it in the console. I had no intentions of giving it to Cam since there was only one lollipop and two kids in my backseat. For those of you who have never been a sibling or had children, you can't just give on of them a lollipop. That's cause for WWIII. Anyways, Cam innocently asked "is that sucker for me"? I said "No, it's not for anyone. They only sent one and that's not fair for you to get one if Mara doesn't." Then I had the bad idea. I said "I have and idea!" I thought that it made perfect sense (what was I thinking) to let Mara have the sucker and get Cam and I a sno-cone to share. Guess what happened? Mara chomped down the sucker, getting blue goo all over herself in the process, then proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs until Cam shared our sno-cone with her. The worst part is that I had almost 10 minutes of driving with them fighting over who's turn it was to have a bite of the delicious peaches and cream mess. Surprisingly, they didn't get any on my backseat, thanks of course to all the junk between their car seats.

Moral of the story: Just ask the teller to give you another lollipop for your second child.

4 comments:

chelon:) said...

love the lollipop story. that happens to me all the time!! cute blog :) i look forward to reading it!

Sheyenne said...

Um Yeah. Saw that one coming! I always ask at the beginning for x number of lollipops just so I can avoid that awful scene. Sorry you had to hear screaming for that long.

stampinashley said...

mmmhhhh... lolipops and snow cones in the car... I'm glad you had enough stuff piled between the carseats to avoid any falling on the actual seat!

Tammy said...

That is so funny. Seriously You are so awesome at this. You make me laugh so hard.
LOve YA Tammy