Friday, May 9, 2008

Cooling Off


Today was pretty hot, so we broke out the ol' cheap water toy...the sprinkler. I had to take a few pics of the kids as usual. We uncoiled our hose, strung it out into the center of the front lawn, attached the oscillating sprinkler, and bingo bango had ourselves a little water park.
Cam thought he was so cool running over the arch of spraying droplets. He then discovered he could block the flow of some of the holes with his hands and make the other ones spray farther.

Those that went the furthest hit me, so that came to an end pretty fast. Mara was all about drinking (or licking) it up. For the most part, she just got it in the face.




I know you might be thinking a swimming pool would provide more refreshment, but seriously, I didn't want to make an ordeal out of playing in the water today. We have a community pool- two, actually, but to go to one involves hauling a bunch of stuff down there and then driving back home with two fussy, wet kids. Oh, and don't let me forget to mention, there's more action shots for the camera with an interactive toy such as a sprinkler. So there you have a quick rundown of our afternoon aqua therapy.

4 comments:

Ralphie said...

I love Mara's blue suite and cute little piggies. She's grown up!

chelon:) said...

those pics turned out cute! it looks like you are enjoying your new camera :) let's hit the pool together!

Kimberly said...

How fun! Mara is growing up. So cute!

Jules said...

What cute pics! Mara is so big!! I just still picture her being a baby/young toddler because I never see her!